Summer School Video:
Are you curious about some of our activities? Check out the video about the rheology competition!
Summer School 2022 will be held on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia
There is no charge for participating in GlycoMIP Summer School 2022. Students will be responsible for travel, room and board, and incidentals. Participants will be selected through a competitive process. Scholarships are available to cover travel, room and board.
Who Should Attend:
- Graduate students and post-doctoral researchers who are new to glycomaterials and seek an overview of the science and techniques, or who may wish to use GlycoMIP facilities to conduct research
- Advanced undergraduate students with research experience interested in pursuing graduate studies in the fields of glycoscience or glycomaterials
- Researchers interested in the synthesis, characterization or computational capabilities of GlycoMIP facilities
- Industry scientists who are new to glycomaterials science and who seek an overview of the field and available technologies
Applicants should have completed a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a related field, or are close to finishing in the case of undergraduate applicants, as familiarity with basic chemical concepts will be required. Applicants also must be working or studying in the US.
What you will learn:
GlycoMIP’s Summer School will provide lectures on fundamental and applied concepts specific to the research and service areas of the MIP as well as hands-on instrument and techniques modules for the design and testing of glycomaterials:
- Glycomaterials: Overview of the current state of the science and applications of glycomaterials in research and development
- Synthesis: Overview of glycan synthesis and introduction to the Glyconeer® – an automated glycan synthesizer from GlycoUniverse
- Analytical: Overview of mass spectrometry, NMR, surface characterization, binding assays, rheology and optical spectroscopy applied to glycomaterials
- Modeling: Computational methods and capabilities for glycomaterials
- Research: GlycoMIP scholar presentations and poster session
The outline for the course can be viewed here.
The application for Summer School 2022 has closed.
For More Information:
Contact Linda Caudill, GlycoMIP Managing Director, at 540-231-7092 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GlycoMIP is funded by the National Science Foundation through cooperative agreement DMR-1933525.
Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s)
and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.