GlycoMIP: An NSF Materials Innovation Platform, or GlycoMIP for short, is an NSF-funded national user facility and multidisciplinary research program that addresses scientific and technological bottlenecks in glycomaterials research.
A partnership between Virginia Tech, the University of Georgia, Brandeis University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, GlycoMIP accelerates glycomaterials discovery and development through leading-edge research and a state-of-the-art user facility.
Operated jointly by Virginia Tech and the University of Georgia, the GlycoMIP user facility offers capabilities and services in
- glycan synthesis—the facility houses two automated glycan synthesizers
- glycomaterial structure determination—through state-of-the-art mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy instruments
- computer modeling of glycomaterials—accessible remotely through a unique virtual user facility
- polymer interaction measurements —the facility offers a range of interaction analysis methods
- solution-state structure determination — through complementary vibrational optical activity methods
Explore our website for current offerings and opportunities.