GlycoMIP is one of four National Science Foundation (NSF) Materials Innovation Platforms, funded by the NSF Division of Materials Research to support materials development and innovation in the U.S. Initiated on August 1, 2020, GlycoMIP seeks to advance glycomaterials science and technology through state-of-the-art national user facilities and services at Virginia Tech and the University of Georgia, as well as transformative in-house research, involving world-leading experts at Brandeis University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
GlycoMIP is a nationwide collaboratory, where members of the materials research community share tools, samples, data, software, and know-how for the collective advancement of glycomaterials science and technology.
- Achieve transformative scientific and technological advances in glycomaterials synthesis, characterization, modeling, and their automation
- Provide access to state-of-the-art instrumentation and services for glycomaterials synthesis, characterization, and modeling
- Educate and train the general public, scientific community, and next generation of glycomaterials researchers to deepen their understanding of glycomaterials and enable them to advance glycomaterials science and technology.
- Facilitate the sharing of glycomaterial samples, data, tools, code, and know-how among the materials research community.
- Foster the deployment of glycomaterials and technologies resulting from in-house and user research.