GlycoMIP: An NSF Materials Innovation Platform, or GlycoMIP for short, is an NSF-funded national user facility and multidisciplinary research program that addresses scientific and technological bottlenecks in glycomaterials research.
A partnership between Virginia Tech, the University of Georgia, Brandeis University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, GlycoMIP will accelerate glycomaterials discovery and development through leading-edge research and state-of-the-art scientific equipment.
Operated jointly by Virginia Tech and the University of Georgia, the GlycoMIP user facility will offer capabilities and services in
- glycan synthesis—the facility will house two automated glycan synthesizers
- glycomaterial structure determination—through state-of-the-art mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy instruments
- computer modeling of glycomaterials—accessible remotely through a unique virtual user facility
- molecular interaction measurements —the facility will offer a range of interaction analysis methods
- solution-state structure determination — through complementary vibrational optical activity methods
Check back for updates on GlycoMIP services and activities as they become available.